:: True Stories
1) In July 2002 an Ohio man staying in Knoxville at a major hotel chain found a hidden camera in a bathroom light fixture. He discovered the small video camera after noticing a tiny black spot. He thought it was an insect, but it turned out to be a hole in the fixture that concealed a video camera.
2) July 2003 Overton County Tennessee parents, upset that their children were filmed undressing in school locker rooms have filed suit, charging that school officials allowed surveillance cameras to be installed and then failed to secure the images.
3) A woman who says she noticed a video camera in the ceiling of the bathroom of a franchised toy is suing the retailer for invasion of privacy. She noticed a hole in the ceiling above the commode while visiting the suburban Atlanta store on March 21, 2003.
4) August 2004, Ithaca, New York - A college student called police after discovering a pinhole camera in the bathroom of the apartment she shared with three women, and now her landlord is charged with unlawful surveillance. The landlord faces four counts of unlawful video surveillance, a felony that can draw up to four years in prison. He also owns several rental properties near Cornell University. Police said they searched two other apartments and found two pinhole cameras and several video recordings of at least four students.
5) Guilty verdicts in 16 electronic eavesdropping cases were returned in Lenawee County Circuit Court against the owner of a tanning salon. The proprietor was arrested after police on Feb. 27 found a hidden camera in the tanning room and five tapes of customers.